GETTING TO CAMP FLAMING ARROW
GPS COORDINATES FOR GOOGLE MAPS: 30.042817 N 99.357096 W
If this is your first trip to camp, we want to make sure you have no trouble finding it. Please do not use our physical address in Map Quest or other online mapping services. It does NOT always give you the correct directions to camp.
From San Antonio, Houston or Corpus Christi:
- Take I-10 West to Kerrville
- Exit #505, looping around onto the Harper Road toward Kerrville
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Highway 27 (Moore’s Furniture is on your right). Travel approximately 5 ½ miles to Ingram
- At the traffic light in Ingram, there is a juncture of Highways 27 and 39, continue “straight” onto Highway 39 (Highway 27 will veer right). Travel approx. 6 miles to Hunt.
- From the tiny town of Hunt (Hunt Store, Hunt Post Office), continue on Highway 39 for approx. 2 ¼ miles.
- Turn left at the blue YMCA Camp Flaming Arrow sign
- After crossing the river bridge, follow the road to your left and the signs to Camp
- Once in camp, continue straight DOWNHILL to Strong Hall (gym) to check in
- Take 290 West to Fredericksburg (you will go through Johnson City)
- Turn left at Highway 16 toward Kerrville
- Take I-10 West to Exit #505 (Harper Road). This allows you to miss downtown Kerrville and a lot of traffic lights.
- Follow the above directions. Start at the third bullet after exiting off I-10 at exit 505.